At the heart of the BX Chipper is an oversize Heavy Duty Rotor with reversible chipping blades. The large diameter rotor has a faster tip speed for improved chipping action and the heavy gauge steel keeps your momentum to power through the tuff stuff.
- Blades: The reversible blades are precision cut high grade hardened tool steel. Hardening increase performance and extends life of the cutting edge, maximizing the performance of the chipper.
- Air Vents: Blowing force is maximized with air intake vents on the side of the chipper. Air enters through the vents and powers the chips out the chute up to 20 feet.
- Twig Breaker Blower Paddles: Behind the blades are blower paddles with intergrated twig breakers designed for greater output force and smaller chips exiting the machine. This provides more consistent chip size and allows you to propel the chips further.
- Adjustable Chute: Easily control where you want the chips with the double adjustable exit chute. The chute swivels 300 degrees and the top deflector adjusts the distance.
- Self-Feeding Hopper: The self-feed hopper is designed to angle the brush against the rotor and blades, pulling the branches into the chipper. Feed hopper fold for easy storage and transport.
|Maximum Feed Capacity||4” x 10” material|
|Min. Operation PTO HP||15 Horsepower|
|Max. Capacity PTO HP||26 HP|
|Tractor HP Range||15-50 HP|
|Feed Design||Self Feed / Pinch & Pull|
|Size w/ Hopper Folded||40” L x 42” W x 60” H|
|Feed Hopper||20” x 20” Hinged|
|Flywheel||25” Diameter, 80 lbs - 1/2” Thick w/ Extractor Wings|
|Cutting Blades||4 Reversible|
|Bed Blades||1 Reversible|
|Discharge Chute||300° (facing operator blocked)|
|PTO Drive Line||04 series 30” included w/shear|
|Hitch Type||Standard Cat I|
|PTO Operating Speed||540 RPM|
|Net Weight||430 lbs|
|Shipping Weight||450 lbs|
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It arrived quickly to the house encased in a robust angle iron frame on a pallet. Regrettably parts could move without packing therebetween resulting in many scratched paint areas. More importantly, the flywheel is >30 thousands out of round resulting in at least one point of rubbing contact with the housing. Presumably over time wear will result in eventual clearance. However th flywheel is also >130 thousands out of square making it impossible to adjust the stationary blade to the desired tolerances. This will probably result in greater cutting edge wear and somewhat uneven chip production. Nonetheless the chipper works pretty well once the PTO link with its difficult lock is wrestled into place. Overall a reasonable value which just falls short of a superb value. Also, both the input and output shoots are hinged to allow access and clearance but, both require wrenches to open instead of a welded nut and knob for convenient in field access.
Well made. Easy to put together. Good hardware. PTO shaft was to long for my tractor setup. Had to cut off 4” but, was easy to do. Had it hooked to a 20 hp tractor. Chipped 2 truck loads of chips. Only had one clogging in the output of chips. Need to adjust the limb breaking blade so small limbs are broken in smaller pieces.